For all employees and the entire organization, the safety of our participants is the highest asset.
Both the physical and psychological safety of the participants is the top priority. For example, the safety standards of OUTWARD BOUND Germany for all companies are checked annually by internationally recognized experts and our experienced Safety Board.
All our trainers work according to official safety manuals and tested standards of the outdoor industry. They are also specially trained to accompany different groups of participants and are able to respond individually to the processes that develop during a course or activity.
Our multi-level security concept ensures continuous monitoring and compliance with our security guidelines
Operational measures with which OUTWARD BOUND ensures safe courses:
- Within the morning coaching session, each day is discussed in terms of the planned actions and the prevailing conditions in the team
- Medical information sheets of the participants clarify both the responsible program manager and the trainers in the run-up to the course about existing pre-existing conditions
- Work in small groups
- Conducting safety talks before any safety-relevant action
- Redundancy in all activities
- Risk analysis for all actions and program modules including the derivation of recommended actions
- Statistical analysis of incidents and accidents including derivation of preventive measures
- Continuous development of security measures and standards
- Cooperation and exchange with leading committees and associations (e.g. DAV, OEAV, Mountain Rescue Association, Federal Association of Individual and Experiential Education)
- Continuous exchange with other OUTWARD BOUND countries and their experiences in security relevant topics (Best practice)