OUTWARD BOUND Germany offers a wide spectrum of courses, trainings and seminars of differing lengths, tailored to meet the goals and objectives set by the participating group.
OUTWARD BOUND programmes are aimed at German and international schools, companies, post-secondary educational institutions, social institutions and private individuals. They are primarily designed for participants between eight and 30 years of age.
- cooperative learning through team tasks and projects
- expeditions lasting several days – in the mountains, on the water, in forests, snow, and cliffs
- day trips - by foot, by bike, with a canoe, on skis or snowshoes, or stand up paddle boards (SUP)
- overnighting in rustic huts, or under the stars in the great wide open
- climbing and rappelling on natural or outdoor rock face
- raft building
- zip lining and Flying Fox
- riverbed excursions
- cooking over a campfire, or in the tipi
- social and environmental projects
What we offer in our programmes
- course content and program components individually tailored to the specific needs of you and your participants
- assigned contact persons who assist you from the beginning of course preparation and accompany you throughout the entire stay
- pedagogical educators trained in sports instruction help design, implement, and supervise the course
- our on-site trainers offer daily support up to 11 p.m.
- in case of an overnight emergency, qualified staff are always available on-call in the building
- alternative programmes on bad-weather days
- based on the programme requirements, free and unrestricted usage of necessary materials (i.e. hiking boots, backpacks, sleeping bags, climbing equipment)
The safety standards of OUTWARD BOUND Germany activities (on foot, on skis, by bicycle or in canoe etc.) are checked annually by internationally recognized experts. Our instructors are trained to care for different groups/classes, and respond individually to the group processes that develop during the activity/expedition.