A multitude of young people - pupils, students, apprentices, trainees…- have already been taking home estimable experiences from their group outings. Offered in school, at an Outward Bound Centre or in the field, "programmes" require students to work together to accomplish common goals and to use new and unfamiliar ways of behaving and communicating in order to succeed.
Discover the Adventure of Nature:
Our principal aim is to strip the students of their usual routines in everyday life, e.g. at school, and place them instead in uncommon and adventurous situations. In the wilderness we can support them to develop within themselves and their community.
Our programmes provide excellent tools that permit participants to be challenged, to reflect and to learn. The focuses are:
• Developing community and social competencies
• Taking risks, trying out new ideas and learning new skills
• Strengthening self-confidence and trust
• Taking responsibility for themselves and others
• Increasing social and environmental understanding
• Having fun together
"The discovery of nature becomes the discovery of one's own spirit!"
OUTWARD BOUND Experiental LearningExperiential learning is simply learning by doing. It is a facilitated process involving a natural based activity, reflecting on what was learnt through that activity and then transferring and applying this experience to other areas in our lives.
OUTWARD BOUND Methods and Activities
We provide the chance to practice and refine new skills before inviting young people to take more responsibility for themselves. Finally those skills are tested in the mountains or at sea as participants take control of their own expedition - and ultimately of their own life. Various methods can be used for experiences in summer or winter.
OUTWARD BOUND Modules
• 2 – 14 days expedition on water or on land
• High and low ropes course elements
• Climbing and abseiling
• Raft building and raft trips
• Canoeing, sea-kayaking
• Solo experience
• Igloo building
• Snowshoe hiking
• Group projects and team building activities
• Downhill skiing and snowboard courses
• Creative activities
Request for OUTWARD BOUND international schools